Sustainable Positivus with the sustainability partner Neste
Taking care of the planet, the Positivus music festival, in cooperation with the sustainability partner Neste, has committed to introducing a series of solutions this year that will help to strive for the title of a more environmentally friendly and socially responsible event. “Sustainable Positivus” is our sustainability program that provides solutions in five different areas.
Smart choice of transport
– Festival is located in the center of Riga, the capital of Latvia, which is easily accessible by foot or public transport.
– In order to encourage festival visitors to travel to the festival by smarter choices of transport, parking lots will not be provided at the festival venue and its vicinity. However, if you want to come by private transport, choose one of the smartest ways:
1. Near the territory of the Positivus festival there will be a Neste Mobility point, where festival visitors will have easy access to more environmentally friendly means of transportation – electric scooters and mopeds.
2. Personal bicycle sheds will also be installed at the Neste Mobility point.
3. The location of the new festival in Lucavsala significantly reduces the transportation of the festival’s technical support to the festival.
Responsible energy solutions
– The festival will use the city’s electricity connection as much as possible.
– The technical equipment of two festival stages will be operated using 100% Neste MY renewable diesel fuel, which will help save on average 90% of CO2e emissions.
– The catering area at the festival will be provided using locally available energy sources.
– Caterers are encouraged to include locally sourced products in their meals as much as possible and to include vegetarian and vegan meals in their menus.
– Caterers are encouraged to avoid creating leftovers as much as possible.
Delicious water as much as you can drink
– Drinking water from Riga Water will be provided to all festival visitors.
– Visitors will be allowed to bring in non-breakable, transparent personal water bottles and reusable takeaway coffee cups into the festival area to refill water.
– During the construction stages of the festival site, all produced waste is sorted.
– All companies and organizations involved in the festival are provided with sorting containers that are separated from the public area.
– In the process of organizing the festival, the festival team uses recycled or recyclable materials as much as possible.
– During the festival, the distribution of any informational materials is prohibited on its territory.
– Festival organizers, service providers, etc. employees are prohibited from using balloons, flammable objects, and creating single-use waste without rational justification in their activities.