Taking care of the planet, the Positivus music festival, in cooperation with the sustainability partner Neste, has committed to introducing a series of solutions this year that will help to strive for the title of a more environmentally friendly and socially responsible event. “Sustainable Positivus” is our sustainability program that provides solutions in five different areas.
Sustainable Positivus is about:
– smart choice of transport;
– responsible energy solutions;
– healthier meals;
– delicious water as much as you can drink;
– less waste.
1. Smart choice of transport.
– For the first time, the festival will be located in the centre of Riga, the capital of Latvia, which is easily accessible by foot or public transport.
– In order to encourage festival visitors to travel by smarter choice of transport, parking lots will not be provided at the festival venue and its vicinity. However, if you want to come by private transport, choose one of the smartest ways:
– Near the territory of the Positivus festival there will be a Neste Mobility point, where festival visitors will have easy access to more environmentally friendly means of transportation – electric scooters and electric mopeds.
– Personal bicycle sheds will also be installed at the Neste Mobility point.
– The location of the new festival in Lucavsala significantly reduces the transportation of the festival’s technical support to the festival.
2. Responsible energy solutions.
– The festival will use the city’s electricity connection as much as possible.
– The technical equipment of two festival stages will be operated using 100% Neste MY renewable diesel fuel, which will help save on average 90% of CO2e emissions.
– The catering area at the festival will be provided using locally available energy sources.
3. Healthier meals.
– Caterers are encouraged to include locally sourced products in their meals as much as possible, as well as to include vegetarian and vegan meals in their menus.
– Caterers are encouraged to avoid creating leftovers as much as possible.
4. Delicious water as much as you can drink.
– Drinking water from Riga Water will be provided to all festival visitors.
– Visitors will be allowed to bring non-breakable personal water bottles and reusable takeaway coffee cups into the festival area to be used for refilling water. It is not allowed to bring glass bottles or glass coffee cups into the festival territory.
5. Less waste
– During the construction stages of the festival site, all produced waste is sorted.
– All companies and organizations involved in the festival are provided with sorting containers that are separated from the public area.
– In the process of organizing the festival, the festival team uses recycled or recyclable materials as much as possible.
– During the festival, the distribution of any informational materials is prohibited on its territory.
– In cooperation with the Deposit Package Operator, festival visitors are invited to hand over the deposit package purchased during the festival at the donation box, thereby donating 10 cents of the deposit fee for the beautification and greening of Lucavsala.
– The Wingo Deposit point will operate on the festival territory, where festival visitors are invited to leave hazardous waste such as e-cigarettes and batteries, thus preventing this hazardous waste from entering the environment.
– Festival organizers, service providers, etc. employees are prohibited from using balloons, flammable objects and creating single-use waste without rational justification in their activities.